When applying for any position below, please fax resume with cover letter to Human Resources at (516) 417-5916 or email: email@example.com
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
F/T, P/T & Per Diem, Evenings, Weekends, Overnight
We are seeking dedicated individual to fill the role of Direct Support Professional. The right candidate will be responsible for providing compassionate care and assistance to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. If you have prior experience working with developmentally disabled adults in a direct care role, we encourage you to apply for this position. Due to the 24-hour nature of our facilities, available shifts may vary and may include day, afternoon, evening, overnight and/or weekends.
Key components of this position:
- Work in a residential setting assisting individuals served in becoming self-sufficient, self-advocating, self-driven, self-actualized individuals.
- Daily responsibilities include: assisting individuals to achieve and exceed their personal goals; provide structure and emotional support; assist in the facilitation of resolving behavioral issues; assist individuals with personal hygiene; manage and dispense medication; complete detailed, accurate documentation as assigned; and transport individuals to and from medical appointments and recreation activities using Agency vehicles.
- DSPs must communicate effectively with individuals served and families. Cooking and light housekeeping may also be required. Must have flexibility to be reassigned to other programs and/or locations as needed.
- Minimum 60 college credits preferred
- High school diploma or GED w/3-5years working experience with people with developmental disabilities (ICF preferred)
- Candidate must past OPWDD background checks, Statewide Central Registry (SCR) clearances and drug screening
- Valid Clean NYS Driver License w/o infractions
MEDICAID SERVICE COORDINATOR
Community Mainstreaming Associates, Inc. (CMA) is currently seeking a Medicaid Service Coordinator (MSC) assists persons with developmental disabilities and their families in gaining access to services and supports appropriate to their needs.
Summary of Position
Medicaid Service Coordinators provide assistance and advocacy in many areas, including finding a day program, medical providers, residential placement, recreational activities, financial supports (such as SSI or food stamps), respite, etc. Medicaid Service Coordinators help people with community inclusion by assisting with developing personal relationships with others (not just immediate family), joining groups or organizations (such as clubs, religious congregations, civic groups, etc.) and by promoting relationships in their community.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Develop and maintain Individual Service Plans using person-centered planning
- Monitor consumer satisfaction and quality of services
- Advocacy – protecting and upholding consumer rights
- Coordinating Services
- Working with Families
- Eligibility determinations
- Identification of service providers
- Promoting individual choice
- Arranging for assessments
- Implementation of the support plan
- Resource management
- Access to generic community supports and services
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years’ experience with people with developmental disabilities or mental health needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle emergencies in a professional manner
- Excellent organizational skills
- Valid NYS driver’s license
CMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax (516) 417-5916